A couple of days ago, I had a friend over for lunch and we got talking about angels, angel communications and signs. Despite a huge rise in awareness in the last 20 or so years, thanks to the work of wonderful people like Diana Cooper, Doreen Virtue and more recently Kyle Gray, there is still a great deal of confusion and disbelief surrounding angels.
Even amongst people who follow one of the world's main religions, Christianity, Islam and Judaism, in which angels feature prominently in all, many devotees still find it hard to say they believe in angels, despite also claiming that every word of the Bible or Koran is 'gospel truth' so to speak.
I understand it of course. The idea of invisible beings with wings who only want to help us does smack a little of Father Christmas and the tooth fairy. We 21st Century humans are so indoctrinated with the value of the five senses that anything that cannot (usually) be perceived with our own eyes or ears is difficult to comprehend. So when you get someone like me who comes along and says I can actually hear angels speaking to me, I'm often dismissed as 'harmless but doolally' or I'm condemned as a deliberate and malicious fraud, preying on the vulnerable.
I honestly don't mind... these days there is an army of us who believe in and work with angels so I am in good company! However, I'm digressing a bit because today I want to offer a few tips and hints for how you can better harness the power of angels in your life. There is, you see, a huge army of unemployed angels just waiting for us to give them something to do by asking for their help. This is because we are governed by the law of free will -- which means we have to ask and it is given. Angels and other light beings will not just decide what we need for us and take action without our say so.
So, here are my top tips:
1. Assume that there are angels everywhere you go, hovering about you and saying 'What do you need? Come on, give me a job, how can I help...' then talk to them
3. There are billions, trillions, bazillions of angels out there... so feel free to call on some of the unknown ones (and take the pressure off the popular ones like Archangel Michael - not that He can't handle it), so call upon the angels of cats, the angels of cars, the angels of coffee shops, the angels of curtains, the angels of plants, the angels of spring, the angels of dreams...
3. Generally speaking, messages from angels fall into several main categories – they provide answers to your prayers/requests; they confirm that they’ve heard your prayers and are on the job; they offer reassurance that you’re on the right path and all is well; they offer comfort by just letting you know that they’re there; they guide you towards your life mission, and they warn you about situations that you might want to avoid.
4. Angels use synchronicity and coincidences to give you signals about your life path and their presence. When you notice these signs, thank them as it will encourage them to do it more often.
5. The thing is, often people realise they’re getting some kind of angel message but they don’t what the message is, they can’t understand what the angels are trying to tell them. Perhaps they’re pulling the same oracle card over and over again, or perhaps they’re hearing the same name from a load of different sources, or perhaps they’re seeing the same recurring number everywhere, a client of mine came to me and said he’d been seeing the number 222 everywhere, it was the time his bus left, it was the time on the clock when he woke in the night, it was the amount of change he received at the shops… he knew this was an angelic message but he didn’t know what the message was. How can you interpret angelic signs? Ask yourself, 'have I prayed for anything? Is this confirmation that they're on the job? Have I been struggling lately? Is this reassurance that all is working out? Have I been holding back on making a decision? Is this a nudge to taking that step forward?'
If you're still not sure, try automatic writing. Sit down with a pen and paper, make sure you'll not be disturbed for and then set a timer for 15 minutes.
Take a couple of moments to close your eyes, take three deep breaths and say, ‘I call on my angels to communicate with me now’ pick up the pen and write, Hi angels, I know you’ve been giving me signs, what are you trying to tell me?
Then write the first thing that comes to your mind, even if it’s just one word. Continue this back and forth Q&A without lifting your pen from the paper until the timer goes off. Don't stop writing, don't edit yourself or correct grammar, just allow the flow.
If you do give this a go, I'd love to hear how it went! Please do put a comment below or perhaps a message on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/zoehendersonhealer
Lots of love, Zoë xx
PS I am now offering angel guidance and healing sessions over Skype/Zoom/Facetime - get in touch if you'd like to book an appointment! Just click here.